January 26, 2005

Meeting with another supervisor

Far out, I've just come out of a (just short on) 3 hour meeting with the man who is now my second supervisor, he's a lecturer in my Universities Philosophy department and he's going to help me with some of the philosophical implications of a realist engagement with social constructionism in the classroom.

I feel absolutely stuffed - and a little apprehensive and a little buzzed and a jazzed all over. It's like there's this needle and it's starting to thread more and more strings of 'interconnectedness' into me. Strings that bind me to other people, strings that bind me to a world of new ideas - ideas that are almost forced onto you. Strings that thread new directions into one's life. Threads that bind me to people that have 'real' work commitments and meetings with agendas and diaries and expectations. All at once it's like there's this 'thing' building up around me. Both fully formed and yet without shape. It's very confusing and I'm not sure if I'm even going to be up to the task. And so it is that people - real people - are getting involved ....

Far Out!

Not only are real people getting involved but they are bringing with them questions to be problematised - and readings to be looked into. Paper, paper shining white where will your words take me tonight. So I'm starting to feel a little FfffK! I've just had a little bolt of empathy for all those people that get involved in 'undertakings'.

No comments: